Future of Agriculture Podcast Host Tim Hammerich interviewed Dr. Ray Wheeler who is a NASA’s Plant Physiologist and the lead for Advanced Life Support Research activities in the Exploration Research and Technology Program at Kennedy Space Center.
Listen to Future of Agriculture, interview with Dr. Wheeler “Farming in Space“.
Here are some of Dr. Wheeler’s research which he talks about in this podcast.
- The research he’s conducted that has made it in today’s agriculture industry.
- How NASA helped in terrestrial applications of space farming.
- His recent projects that could be applied commercially in the future.
- Solving the ever-increasing CO2 emissions with space farming tech.
- Recent progress on the experimental planting chambers in space.
- Deciding which crops show promise for space production.
- The water content of Mars and the prospect of someday growing food there.
- The critical benefits of being able to grow plants in space.
- Recovering as much water as possible in space.
- The effects of low gravity environments on plant growth.
- His advice for people interested in space farming technology.
We would like to thank Tim Hammerich to be our media partner for these podcast series. Stay tune for the next 3 episodes on interstellar agriculture.